Friday, July 15, 2011

Blue Jeans, Dukes, and my first "official" Drive-Thru Difference :)

Happy Friday!

 For some reason, it's always easier to get up on Friday.  Could it be because I know it's the last day I have to get up a 6:00 to get ready for the week?  Could it be because tomorrow I have no obligations?  Could it be because Friday is payday? Nope (because today sure isn't pay day for me)! It's because I get to wear JEANS ON FRIDAYS.  Friday's in my jeans are so much more enjoyable than Monday-Thursday in my dressy work clothes. I just love waking up on Fridays knowing that I am able to throw on my favorite jeans, my flippy flops, and a cute top and head out the door for work -- it totally puts me in the "today is going to be a good day mood."  Not only is today Friday, but I get the added plus of eating a Duke's cheeseburger for lunch today! That is as close to heaven on earth in the form of food that I think one can get.  I'd like to imagine that in Heaven, Jesus and I are going to sit and have a Duke's cheeseburger with ketchup, mayo, lettuce, onions, and pickles :) One of the girls in my office made the mistake of saying she had never eaten at Duke's in her life (btw, she's 28!!).  So, my other co-worker and I were stopping at nothing but having Duke's today for lunch.  So, needless to say, I woke up with blue jeans and Duke's cheeseburgers on my mind...ahhh!  As if all of that didn't make a girl's Friday -- I went through McDonald's this morning for my Friday morning Sugar-free Vanilla Iced Coffee. As I pull up to the window the cashier says "The lady in front of you has already paid for yours!"  YESSS! Thank ya Mrs. Jeep Grand Cherokee in front of me for being such a precious lady and buying my coffee. I was in such shock that I completely didn't even think "why not pay for the person behind you?" So I wasn't able to do that but trust me the next time that is EXACTLY what I will do. I have been "drive thru differenced" before but by a church member. It was such a blessing to be drive thru differenced by someone I didn't even know.  Such a act of kindness. I have drive thru differenced several people and it was incredibly overwhelming to have it done to me. Thank you 91.9 for starting the "Drive-Thru Difference."




Maybe this has been encouragement for you to want to participate in the Drive Thru Difference and spread the love of Jesus to someone behind you who may not have a relationship with our Perfect and Mighty God.  If you are interested, the link above will lead you to a letter to hand to the cashier as you pay for the person's food. Just simply ask them to hand it to the car behind you.  It has blessed my day and I plan to bless someone else today. 

I posted this blog post and completely forgot to inform you of the adventures of "Homemade Chipotle Sauce" my mom and I had last night.  Mom thought it would be a good idea to try to make the Chipotle Chicken tacos like Chili's for supper last night.  So we were on a mission to make homemade chipotle sauce.  Thanks to food network we were able to find a seemingly easy and tasty recipe -- so we were on it.  
2 chipotles
2/3 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp soy sauce
Seems easy enough, right?  While this was incredibly easy to make it was also incredibly (I mean INCREDIBLY) HOT! I stuck my finger in the bowl to take a taste and WOW!!!  So we added more syrup...tried it, still HOT...more syrup...still hot and we're almost out of syrup -- on to BBQ sauce.  A dash of BBQ and BINGO.  Still hot enough but not hot enough to make your tongue want to run out of your mouth like it was at first.  So I would share the recipe but we're not sure what the measurements were however, the ingredients are listed above.  Add syrup and BBQ sauce to taste :)  She told me I couldn't blog about our cooking -- oh well! Love you mom! 

 XO,

0 comments:

Post a Comment