Day 1 - Your favorite Song
I have several at the moment --
1. Strong Enough by Matthew West. I am in love with it and find myself riding down the road just thanking God that He is strong enough. Strong enough to get me through everything. That song reminds me to just give it all up to Him and let Him carry me through any situation.
2. The Light in Me by Brandon Heath. I just love Brandon Heath and anything by him. (not to mention I have a huge non lustful crush on him, haha!)
3. You Love Me Anyway by The Sidewalk Prophets. This song puts me in tears almost every time I hear it. I am so thankful that regardless of what I have done or what I do, God loves me anyway. It is just a reminder of how imperfect I am and how perfect the Lord and Savior I worship is.
4. The Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga. Yes, very opposite of any of the above songs but I just can't help but to love throwing my hair side to side singing at the top of my lungs!
5. Dirt Road Anthem by Jason Aldean. I actually really think he wrote this song for the Class of 2005 at FHHS. Oh, growing up in the country. There is just something about a country boy trying to rap that is just so catchy :)
There are a lot of others that I am loving at the moment but I will stop there. I love music -- I have a 30 minute commute to and from work everyday and I have a radio on my desk that I keep on 91.9 all day long.
Anywho, tonight is church and my youth crew is gone to Caswell. I have been praying for them all week, especially those who are gone for their first time. Whether it be first time at Caswell or simply the first time being away from Mom and Dad for more than a spend the night with a friend. I remember my first trip to Caswell and how amazing it was to see God work in my life and the lives of my friends there with me. I have very dear memories of that place and was super bummed I wasn't able to go this year as a chaperone. (thanks to my amazing job where I don't have paid vacay, ugh!)
Tonight, my lesson is on patience -- something I hope I will take away from my studies this week. Being patient is something I'm not the best at. I am a "I want it now" type of person. And if you can't give it to me fast enough, I can get it myself quicker (even if I know really I can't). I have been praying a lot lately about a specific thing and am truly learning to have patience. God will answer my prayer at His time -- I just have to constantly remind myself that His timing is PERFECT and mine, well is not!
Oh, and btw, I have a few unspoken prayer requests. Would you please join me in praying for them?
XO,

1 comments:
I hope to learn a lot about you in the next 30 days. I did something like this at new years. A year from now when you are still blogging, you will go back and reaf what tou qrote. Fun
Post a Comment