Thursday, September 22, 2011

Weekend wrap up

As this next weekend is almost here, I figured it was time to recap last weekend (slacker much?)

Anywho, this past weekend was a busy to say the least.  It sorta kinda started last Thursday at the Met-Rx World's Strongest Man contest.  It was held at Wingate University.  I've grown up watching the WSM competition on TV and it was really cool to watch it in action. These HUGE guys below are launching kegs filled with rocks over a 16 foot structure.  (I even got to talk to some of them)
These kegs range from 40lbs to 55lbs.

 
Sunday we got to watch the Atlas Stone event.  This is my favorite event. 
 These stones weigh between 200-410 lbs.
Unfortunately the event was running late and we did have good seats until people stepped in front of us.  This is the only good picture I got and it's just the set up. Sorry :(
It airs on ESPN this December!

Friday I went to supper and the lovely Wal-Mart with my mama and Katie. 
It was nice to have a girls night. 

Saturday morning, my cheerleaders had a yard sale.  I was up at 5:15!!! ughhhh! Not cool.
They all donated their things and worked the yard sale.  Some were even there at 6:15 to help set up.
Amazing for some high school girls. 

This is some of the afternoon shift sorting through piles and piles of clothes!

They thought the rotisserie would sell quicker if someone knew what it did!
Poor Beanie Baby!

They are clearly getting a bit delusional by this point!


Saturday was also Marshville's Annual Bollweevil Festival. 
My sweet Maci was in the Baby Bollweevil contest and guess what?!?!?!

SHE WON!!!

This is the only picture I have since I wasn't there.  Katie sent this to me.
Doesn't she just look so precious in her Mud Pie outfit and pink flower bow?
Abby looks so proud -- Eric on the other hand, not so much!
Now Maci will get to ride in the Christmas Parade with a sign made by her Aunt Randi!

Saturday night went to the Bollweevil festival street dance. 
I always look forward to the street dance.  This year one of our good friends Dickie decided he would dress for the occasion.  Here is his get up
What you can't see is the high layered socks and work boots! He is such a hoot.
He even was a finalist in the Cloggin' competition....and he's never even clogged in his life! hahaha.
I recorded it.  I'm going to try and figure out how to upload it.


I finally got a new phone so now I can take plenty of pictures! Plus, the photo editing apps are the best!!! I can't help but want to take pictures and then edit them so I can post them here.


xoxo,

0 comments:

Post a Comment